Thursday, June 4, 2015

Aunt Jenny Comes for a Visit

Aunt Jenny came for two weeks to good old Ohio. We ran around like crazy and I'm still recovering from all the partying. Addison and Avery were of course more excited to see Aunt Jenny's side kick, Harley. He was probably relieved to go and not be chased around like mad. Avery enjoyed feeding him all her food from her highchair at every.single.meal. We hit up all of our favorite Ohio stomping grounds. The Cincinnati Zoo was probably Aunt Jenny and Grammie's favorite stop. It was mating season for the polar bears and we got a good show while we were there. Addison talked Grammie into treating us to the train ride and some dippin dots. We walked all over the whole zoo and had a lot of fun seeing all the animals with beautiful weather. We're maxing out our Kings Island passes this year already. All of us met up at different times of the day and enjoyed more running around in the hot weather. Addison and Avery convinced each of us to take lots of turns on the kiddie rides in Snoopy Land. Avery was absolutely loving the rides that would whip around the corners. We taught Addison to put her arms up in the air going down the little hill on the roller coaster. I think the girls have inherited my love for the thrill of an amusement park. Grammie and Papa took the girls home and Dave, Jenny and I shut the park down. We were there for the fireworks and we got to ride a ton of big rides. At one point I thought my finger was going to fall off when Jenny was squeezing so hard on a ride! We ran to grab some blue ice cream before the park closed:) The men took care of the little ladies while my mom, Jenny and I went and got our toes done and ate lunch at a fancy restaurant in Hyde Park. We treated my mom and a kick off to Mother's Day. It was incredibly nice and relaxing to enjoy a slow and pampered day. Aunt Jenny came up and babysat one night while Dave and I went for a walk around a park. I put Dave and Jenny to work and they helped paint a wall in our family room. Jenny stenciled for seven hours! She will hold it over my head for some time I believe! I tried to make it up to her by taking her to a Red's game...and they won! We took Addison with us and she talked Aunt Jenny into buying her a big of cotton candy. We ended the trip with a grown up date of a new mexican place and Pitch Perfect 2. It was really yummy food and I didn't get sick (thank you lactaid pills). The next day we had to take Jenny and Harley back to the airport. It was a great trip and we're missing Aunt Jenny already...although I bet she's sleeping in a little more!






















No comments:

Post a Comment