Monday, June 15, 2015

Meanwhile...

Meanwhile why Addison was at camp Avery and I played! She is a lover of the outdoors and mostly just running away from me. She still wants to be completely rocked to sleep. It's a love/hate relationship. Most nights I really enjoy it, but when I have to go in there 3 and 4 times I'm done! She is such a mamas girl and has a feisty personality. Currently she doesn't want to sit in her booster chair anymore. It is a STRUGGLE. I'm hoping we're almost past the 30 minute melt downs. She has ended up sitting on mine or Dave's lap for the past couple days. I'm hoping this is just a little phase. Addison has been getting speech and developmental therapy services for about a month now. Her pediatrician wanted me to have her screened by the states, Help Me Grow program. I set up and appointment and they came and did some screenings. She qualified for speech and developmental services every other week. Our overall goals are to increase her expressive language and to help her self soothe. Getting rid of the bottle was a huge step towards those goals! In the past month she has picked up a few new words. She says, "ME!" and pats her chest when she wants you to follow and help her. We're working on adding ,"Help, me!" Meal times are still the biggest guessing game. Although, Avery is still delayed in her speech I have seen her make improvements. I am grateful for my knowledge from my degree and for the help of the therapists that come faithfully. They are so patient with her and answer all my little questions. Right now we'll continue to have services for 6 months and then test again. Keep on growing Avery! 







No comments:

Post a Comment