Sunday, June 7, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was special because we got to have my mom come up and celebrate. Dave was on second call so we hosted dinner at our house. I had to teach a combined relief society lesson with all the women. Jenny and my mom were able to come up and join us for that. It was nice to have familiar friendly faces in the crowd as I taught. I taught on the tender mercies from the Lord and I think it went well. The more I teach the more I enjoy doing it. That was my first time teaching as a presidency member. I'm really enjoying my calling and the ways that I have been stretched because of it. We all came home after church and the ladies got to relax. We had a lovely meal of bbq ribs, chicken, asparagus, rolls and twice baked potatoes. Topped off with chocolate mousse and lemon bars. The girls surprised me with breakfast in bed and cute little presents. Addison had Dave write me the cutest card. He wrote word for word what she said and it was beautiful:) Addison loves to say, "Let us all Love One Another".  We gave my mom the coolest genealogy chart that is circular. Dave let me pick one out as well and I love it! I am so blessed to be a mother and to have a mother who is as kind and compassionate as they come. All the women in my family have helped mother my girls in one way or another. I am grateful for all their influences and love they give me.  







No comments:

Post a Comment