Friday, June 19, 2015

It's Getting Hot Out Here

We have had 90 plus degree weather the past week. Mixed with rain storms here and there the humidity is unbelievable! We tried to go to a sandcastle event, but only lasted about 30 minutes. The girls were really hot and looked like they were going to pass out! My dad had to go out of town for a couple of weeks and was going to miss his favorite holiday... Father's Day:) We went down the Sunday before he left and celebrated. We brought down the supplies to make his favorite kilbasa sausage and noodles dish. Addison and Avery picked out some nuts to give him on his long drive to Idaho. We topped the night off with strawberry and rhubarb crisp. Avery was a stinker and threw all her food on their newly pressure washed deck...oops! We showered Papa with what we love most about him and then we had to head back. Once again I am grateful for the example I have because of my dad. Lately, I haven't been feeling very well and he has saved me by coming to get the girls. He is always willing to help babysit to give Dave and I a chance to go out. He calls to check in on us and I always enjoy talking to him. Lately when I call I always ask for John Fajen please. I love our weird and funny relationship. Happy (early) Father's Day Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment