Tuesday, June 30, 2015

We Love Our Daddy

Father's Day has come and gone and poor Dave had to deal with a left over of a day. I ended up going to the ER a few days before father's day and still wasn't feeling well. I was on my way to a girl's night and threw up out the side of my friends car. It was pretty embarrassing and then I came home and started having terrible pains. Dave took me to the hospital and they diagnosed me with pancreatitis, It was hands down the worst pain I have ever been in. They gave me lots of pain meds and sent me home. I had gotten tickets to the Dayton Air Show to celebrate and it was POURING rain. Dave still wanted to try and go and it was terrible!I was feeling crappy and the girls were very unhappy to be in the rain. We tried to make the most of it and went and took Dave to a nice lunch. So on Father's Day I wasn't up to much of anything. Poor Dave had to help the girls after church when I sure he wanted his day of relaxing. Luckily I had already gotten the supplies to make a decent meal. Dave got a big steak all to himself and managed to get Addison to eat some asparagus. She kept calling the asparagus kiwi and it was funny to play along with the trick. Dave was showered with lots of hugs and kisses from his ladies all day. Addison and Avery gave him some much needed new socks that he didn't even return. Dave was headed to a scout trip the next day so I had got him a new sleeping bag. He was pretty happy, but not surprised since Addison had told him about it beforehand :) Dave is the positive anchor that this family relies on. He is always willing to sacrifice his wants for our needs. He's always willing to buy the girls fancy new shoes and take us out for a family event over buying his guns. He gets up every morning that he is home so I can sleep in a few extra minutes. He makes the best waffles and wheat pancakes. He's always willing to go on a bike ride and carry Avery's bike the whole way. He's a great dad and I am forever grateful that he's ours! I had fun going through old photos of my dad and me when I was a baby. He too is a wonderful dad and continues to put up with me! Happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment