Friday, October 16, 2015

Fall Is In the Air


Fall is my favorite change of season. I love pulling out warm clothes that I haven't worn in a  year and all the fun activities that come along with that. Dave and I had plans to go on a date and cancelled to spend some family time with the girls. It had been a long week and Dave and I had each been gone multiple nights. We took the girls to a small local farm. We rode a fun pumpkin train ride that was pulled by a huge tractor. The girls thought it was the best thing ever. We saw a pumpkin being catapulted into the air and found a warm campfire to sit around. There were two mazes set up with hay bales that the girls ran around and chased each other. We let the girls pick out a huge family pumpkin to carve later on in the month. We ended the evening with cups of hot coco at home. It was just what our little family needed. I'm reminded that all these little ladies want from me is just my time. When we pulled into the farm I thought it was going to be a bust. There wasn't much to do, but the girls laughed and smiled the whole hour and a half that we were there. Our lives seem to be so busy lately that I can't seem to catch my breath. Between church callings and a busy work schedule the days are passing by quickly. Addison asked me if I would go kick the soccer ball with her one night when Dave was on call. I told her sure and she told me, "I like your attitude!" It made me laugh inside, but also sad that she got so excited that I was going to play with her. I have done a lot of laying around since April between my stomach issues and a rough pregnancy. Both girls haven't seemed to hold anything against me, but I wish I could fast forward time to when I would feel better. Mommy guilt is a heavy weight and mine seems to be very full right now. I'm grateful to have to girls that will scream my name is happy squeals when I wake up from a nap when Dave is home.

The next day after our family outing Dave had to work a 24 hour call shift. It's always a bummer when he works a whole Saturday. I had been invited to a sealing for my visiting teaching companion. I had to get a sitter for the girls since Dave was gone. Afterwards I had to go straight to the church for a visiting teaching conference that I was in charge of. The kind woman who was watching the girls brought them to the church so I wouldn't be any later than I already was. We had a wonderful evening each soups and homemade rolls. I spoke on the impact that visiting teaching  can have and I think it went well. I enjoyed spiritually preparing what I was going to say and felt guided throughout the evening. The girls had been at the church for five hours and then happily played while we cleaned up. I am continually amazed at the tender mercies that are given to me on days that I need a miracle. It was a really long day and I was worried I wasn't going to physically be able to do it. Not only did I feel fine, but the girls didn't have any meltdowns either. They were great for the sitter and they weren't begging me to leave the church. This was one of those days where the mommy guilt is usually really high. I hate that I drag them to all that I have to do and then when it takes up the whole day I feel really bad. The girls loved me at the end of the day and I rocked Avery extra long and then laid by Addison to get extra hugs. To top of the wonderful day I ran into the previous relief society president that I served with in the parking lot at the temple. We both ran to each other and embraced in a hug. I miss Sister Terry a lot. I really enjoyed serving with her and it has been difficult to adjust to a new presidency and personalities. It made my soul happy to see her one more time.  What a busy and full weekend, but incredibly rewarding!


No comments:

Post a Comment