Sunday, September 30, 2012

Keeping Busy

The beginning of this week Addison still wasn't feeling very well. She got a lot of cuddling time and a whole lot of Elmo...again. We still tried to keep ourselves busy in hopes of "distracting" the little lady. I have been going to an aerobics class on Tuesdays that I love! Addison roams around with the other kids and I work my buns off! Addison is still sleeping in later than normal so I have been a very pleasant mommy:) We went to a few playgroups this week so Addison could be with her bff Will. Dave was busy with clinical and studying as usual. He managed to let me sneak out for a fun night of ladies bunko. I had a really good time and didn't make it home until after 11! I won a really cute Halloween treat basket. We tried a few arts and crafts this week. Addison does NOT like to get messy. She got that from her daddy and I hope and pray she grows out of it. I got her some markers and she liked looking at the animal faces on them better than coloring. Her masterpiece is proudly hanging on the fridge. I picked up a pumpkin at the farmer's market this week and let Addison paint it. She really liked doing a few brush strokes and then got some on her finger. She started to freak out and pointing her finger saying, "Hep, hep!"(help). I cleaned off her little purple finger and she did a few more colors. We put it out on our porch and when we get the mail Addison likes to roll it around. 

Addison's vocabulary has really taken off. She repeats almost everything that we say. Some of her new words are: hep(help), on, mill(mail), side(outside), baa(bath), moo, push(after she rings the doorbell), sit, shoeah(shoe), sock, feet, toe, how(house)...and the list goes on. She is a little chatty Cathy (wonder where she got that?)! These days she loves to play with her doll house. She sits in her chair and plays with all her little people and giggling at them. She runs around the corner yelling, HOW for house. The weather has still been pleasant so we have been continuing our wagon rides. I am afraid we are going to have to move it in the basement come winter time. 

I brought out a little bit of my crafty side again this week. Addison loves to wear my watches and put my hair elastics on her wrist. I found a pattern for cute felt velcro bracelet. I made a few and she likes to smell the flower on it and rip it off. She then grabs it and tell me to put it "on." She thinks she is pretty fancy. We tried to hit up a few garage sales this weekend. Not much luck, but a friend gave Addison a little dolly blanket. Addison likes to wrap up her baby and rock it over and over. It really melts my heart and I love watching her play. She is going to be a great big sister some day:) 

Dave had a campout this weekend so I had a girl's night. I had my friend, Kait over and we got Thai take out and watched Twlight. Addison loved running around with Will til almost 10! Dave came back the next morning and let me sand Addison's hopefully nightstand that will be a kitchen. I scooted off to the women's broadcast while Dave and Addion ran some errands together. We are loving Fall and everything that comes with it. I just got Addion's Halloween costume! She is going to be so pretty!  

1 comment: