Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sick Chicky

Poor Addison has been sick this past week. She has been sleeping in really late (which I was enjoying!) and acting fussy. I ended up taking her in and she has a bad UTI. It was so sad when they had to catheterize her. The nurses made me leave the room and I think I am more traumatized than she was.  She is cuddling a whole lot and we hope this passes sooner than later. We have watched more Elmo than I ever thought was possible. Never has this little lady sat on the couch curled up for a whole 45 minute show.The medicine they gave her has really curved her appetite. We have tried just about everything and haven't had a whole lot of luck. I was grateful that Dave was able to give her a priesthood blessing today after church. We took her on a wagon ride this afternoon and she managed to give us a few happy smiles:) Yesterday we watched her friend Will. She had a blast with him! It was the happiest she had been all week. She actually wanted to eat a snack when she saw him eating. The two little trouble makers pulled out all of the tupperware and and kept poking each other in the eye and giggling. Adidison walks around say, "WILL!" She says it in a really high pitched voice. It is really cute and she says it all day long. Thank goodness for little friends!
Over all this week was pretty busy. We didn't do anything really exciting, but I felt like I was running around every day. I signed Addison up for a toddler open gym on Fridays. I didn't know how she would like it or act since she was sick. She LOVED it. She rolled around on the mats and scooted around on some of the toys. A few of her friends from church attend as well so she was in good company. We finally made it to the local farmer's market. I have been wanting to go for weeks, but couldn't get there during the hours. We got broccoli, potatoes and apples. I hope to make it back a few more times before it gets too cold. Recipe exchange was this week and it was amazing! We met at a fancy olive oil and vinegar restaurant. They did a private taste testing and had a ton of samples for us. It was great to get out for a bit. Dave did a whole lot of studying this week and got a little cold towards the end of the week. On Saturday  Dave went with the young men to the temple. We ended the weekend with a dinner alone to a new Mexican restaurant. Addison survived without us and I only called once to check up on her:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment