Sunday, March 23, 2014

Where Is Spring?

I got up today and went to church for the last time in the Amherst ward. It has been weird dragging out the goodbye process an extra month longer. I gave lots of hugs and was given positive words as I left. Buffalo has been incredibly rewarding to our little family and I know Dave and I will look back on these years with fondness.
Last night I was able to really have a good talk with Captain Dave. He gave me a run down of how his days have been going and what the rules are. He said that they have to sit in silence during most meals and I told him that sounded miserable! We have two weeks left till graduation and we are both counting down the days. We just hit the one month mark since he left and it has seemed so dragged out. We have got to skype Dave again tonight and Addison sang, "Five Little Pumpkins" for him. She has a kick going on about Halloween books and song right now. Gotta love Addison's different personality! I love watching Addi and Dave talk to each other. She always says,"I love you Daddy". I'm so grateful that we have this opportunity to do this with him so far away.
The first day of spring has come and gone and we work up today with snow! What is this terrible winter that won't go away! We had one warm day last week and we all jumped in the car and went warmer weather shopping. Avery looks like a cute rolly polly in her new shorts. I got the girls a matching outfit and I can't wait to see them in it together. 
While Papa was here he saved the day by taking Addi out for the morning on little adventures. They went and bought Frozen which has been watched about 10x! He took her to Lowes, Mcdonalds, the pet shop, the zoo and Sam's Club. He was a trooper since Addison is still learning to listen:) Before Papa left he treated us to some  Addison got some fun rolly paints and has painted away this past week. One day this week I found Addi sitting with my nursing cover and feeding her baby under it. I couldn't stop laughing. She has seen me do that a million times around here! 
My mom and I are planning to leave this week and I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well and we can get out of here smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment