Thursday, March 6, 2014

Patience

I am seeing a pattern in the Michael Family mishaps ...I think we all need to continue to learn that ever difficult lesson of PATIENCE!! Dave went to over 20 homes and found nothing. On the day before he left for Alabama he found one that we liked. It was a little more than we had wanted to pay, but we still felt okay about it. Since Dave has had little communication I've been trying to handle the business side of the paperwork. FAIL! I am realizing that I have pretty much been clueless in our fiances and the Air Force. I've had to dig up log in and passwords and understand our finances through the Air Force. After about 4 attempts of working with the leasing agent I had to call it quits until we receive a pay check. There is no way around it even if we put a deposit down. I feel pretty discouraged and kind of like every effort we have put forth with this move is flopping. Later this afternoon after speaking to the agent one more time she pointed out that the rent had dropped $15 dollars a month. There might be a silver lining at the end of this situation. So now we just sit and wait and I need to convince myself that I can be patient!
The moving company stopped by to survey our place yesterday. We were given a certain allotment of weight and they estimated that we would go over almost 500 pounds! What the heck! It is really expensive for us if we go over even a 100 pounds. I started to feel stressed about this when he left. We can only hope for the best and the first thing to go will be Dave's bow right?! I think if we pack our food storage in our car that we should be okay. There is no way we have over 13500 pounds of crap in our little duplex!! 
My surgery is set for one week from today. Eating almost completely fat free is getting old. We got our girl scout cookies and they had to go up on a top shelf! I made pizza the other night...my part had no cheese (how sad!). On the plus side I have lost almost 8 pounds! Too bad this has been the most miserable I have felt towards food in my life though. I had my pre opt today and all should go well.
Dave reported to training on Tuesday. It has all been a little surreal to me. It's the first time in our marriage that we haven't been able to say goodnight to each other. It's unsettling sometimes wondering what he's doing all day. He has been able to sneak a text or two, but nothing more. I know he's working hard and this will all be over before we know it!



No comments:

Post a Comment