Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Avery Mae

Miss Avery Mae is quickly approaching her 6 month mark!! I looked at her today as I was getting ready and can't believe she is almost half a year old. I mostly can't believe the lack of sleep I have endured for 6 months either! Last week I told myself that it was time for her to give me a little more shut eye at night. I have been letting her cry it out until it has been at least 5 hours since she ate last. Most nights she'll cry for at least an hour and sometimes two. It's been pretty miserable, but I have had one or two nights where she'll sleep 5 hours straight. She has turned into a great napper during the day and has seemed to out grow her massive screaming fits. I have introduced tomato products back into my diet and she seems to be doing okay with it. Avery loves to eat everything in sight! If you hand her something or if she grabs it it goes right into her mouth. It has been an adjustment for me since Addison rarely did that. She can sit up almost all the time without falling over. She finally got mad enough to roll over! Addison and I clapped and cheered her on. She won't do it consistently, but at least she has done it! Here are what Avery is up to around 6 months:

Weight: 16 lbs 50%
Height: 25.39" 36%
Head: 16.7" 48%

* Sleeps with the soft bear blanket I made her by her face. If you try and take it away she grabs a hold and pulls it by her face. 
* Doesn't really use a binky. This has been kinda nice that she'll go to sleep without one.
* Has a very quiet giggle. I sometimes can't tell if it is a cry or a laugh. 
* My favorite time with her is when I go to get her out of her rocker in the morning and she is grinning and giggles a little.
* Blows raspberries like a pro! Addison is always very concerned that she is spitting and should sit in time out!
* Is very eager when she wants something done like her rice cereal or diaper change.
*Takes an amazing 2 hour nap in the early morning and then likes a 30 min cat nap about every 2 hours throughout the day.
*Loves to observe what is going on around her and follows Addi with her eyes all the time.
*Sofie the giraffe is still her favorite toy because she can shove the whole head in her mouth!

Avery has been a blessing in our family over these past 6 months. I have learned as a mother to prioritize what is important for my family. Balancing two different schedules plus remembering to take care of myself has been a challenge for me. Since I didn't have as difficult of a recovery this time around I have found myself being a lot more sensitive when Avery cries. I carry her a lot of my hip and I think that is part of the reason why she is a mama's girl! We couldn't imagine our little family without our sweet brown eyed Avery! 


No comments:

Post a Comment