Wednesday, March 12, 2014

COT

Dave made it down to Montgomery, Alabama and survived his first week at COT (commissioned officer training). It was really weird not being able to talk to him for a few days and then just a text or two at about 11:30 at night. He said things were rough and emotionally, physically and mentally exhausting. They do a lot of marching and getting yelled at he said. It's hard for me to picture Dave going through all of this just from the short texts here and there. On Friday evening I finally got a phone call and it made my night! I felt giddy and had a hard time going to sleep after we spoke. It was only for about 15 minutes, but it was enough to hear his voice and know he was surviving. He said that the food hasn't been too bad and he even got his southern favorite of fried catfish (gross!). He was able to skype us on Sunday which made Addison really happy. She misses her daddy a lot and asks when we're going to go pick him up. Dave told me that he is the guy that stands at the front of the marching line and holds the flag. I am getting really excited to see him do all of this! I got my dress for the banquet and we have a hotel booked for the first week in April. We both have expressed that this is a little harder than we thought it was going to be. We've done quite a bit of time apart over the almost 7 years that we've been married. This is however the first time we haven't had open communication which is what makes it different. I am incredibly proud of Dave and his hard work and dedication for our family. He emailed me a spouses handbook for the Air Force and I about fell over after I saw that it was 90 pages! Looks like I have a little bit of homework myself! Here's to
 counting down to April 3rd when I get to meet Dave at the banquet!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment