Sunday, March 30, 2014

We Made It

The girls and I are finally in Cincinnati! It took a mighty miracle to get the car loaded and make the drive down. Both the girls have been sick and it's been pretty rough around here. Addison has a double ear infection and a terrible cough. I was able to take Addi to the doctors before we left so she has been on antibiotics. Avery got worse once we got to my parents and I started to get worried. Since our insurance is only good in New York I thought I was going to have to pay out of pocket to take her in somewhere. The heavens parted and my mom was able to get a hold of an ICU pediatric doctor in their ward. He was incredibly kind and stopped by after I'm sure working a long shift. He did an assessment of Avery and talked to me about what to do to help her. He then called the next day to see how she was. I don't know this man and he has a young family of four. I felt so blessed to have been a recipient of his kindness. I was feeling tired and the thought of taking Avery to some random urgent care was not something I wanted to do. This past month and a half has seemed to be one stroke of bad luck after another. This made me take a step back and realize that the Lord is watching out for my little family. One another positive note Dave and I signed a lease today. We got the house that we had hoped would work out. Another lesson in patience. We weren't able to sign a lease due to a lack of pay checks for a while. I was beyond frustrated because the company was being really strict. The house sat on the market for an additional 30+ days with no prospects and dropped $15 dollars in the mean time. I was given a blessing before my surgery promising that our housing situation would work out and I felt immediate peace. It was difficult to sit and wait and I checked on the property listing every day. I need to learn to trust in the Lord more and have faith that our lives are guided. Even though in the grand plan $15 dollars isn't much it was still enough to make me feel blessed. We're on the count down till we go down to Alabama. Addison and Avery got a new truck from Aunt Tania and they love it! It kept them busy for hours. I caught a picture of Addison trying to wink the other day. She said she has been practicing hard:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment