Sunday, September 29, 2013

Family of Four

The past (almost) 2 weeks have been a sleepless blur! I am realizing that early stages of parenthood are erased from your memory because of how difficult they are. I am exhausted! If Avery isn't crying then Addison is and if they aren't I am. Somehow my mom is holding herself together and Dave is snoring the nights away in Rochester. Avery has a stretch in the night where she is awake and fussy for about 2 hours and she doesn't seem to want to go to bed til midnight. I am a walking zombie and Addison is probably thinking Grammie is her new mother. Somehow in a few weeks (feeling hopeful) all of this will become routine and we'll survive. I am so grateful my mom is here to help with Addison, change lots of diapers and most importantly make sure we're fed. People ask when she's leaving and I just tell them I'm not asking!

Addison is a great big sister. She helps throw away diapers, get binkys, sings to Avery and most of all loves on her. She always wants to hold her! We're working on not rubbing off all of her cute dark hair. My favorite is when Addison says, "She opened her eyes! I see her!" She loves looking at her fingers and giving her toys. We're working on not picking up Avery without an adult:) These are the situations that I am trying to work out in my head when I am flying solo. Addison is growing up so fast now it seems like. She gives the best hugs and still has the most amazing blonde curls. We got adventurous and went to the zoo one day last week. Addison loved showing Grammie all the animals and really liked the new baby gorilla. When you ask her what a gorilla says she pounds on her chest. Dave has taken Addi on lots of bike rides and played a lot of legos. He got out early on day and was able to come home for the afternoon and dinner. Addison loves having her Daddy home to play with. It is fun to see each of the stages that Addison and Avery are in. Avery fills the sweet cuddly parts and Addison makes us laugh and keeps us busy.

Dave went to NYC for the weekend for a conference. Bad timing, but at least my mom was here. He manged his way through the big city and only went the wrong direction on the subway once. He brought back yummy cannoli's...my favorite! He got the girls tshirts and a fun purse for me. We felt very loved. We are about to enter October which means we're halfway done with this rotation away with five weeks to go. We've survived the first five without too much damage so the next five should be good (hopefully)!





No comments:

Post a Comment