Wednesday, February 1, 2012

When Dad Is Gone...

Some major and terrible bug hit the Michael house. It was the first time that I think Dave actually wanted to kick me out in the snow. Needless to say our house didn't smell like roses. We sat in our pajamas for almost two days and took shifts taking naps. Thank goodness for washers and lots of antibacterial soap! Addison was spared from the wave and we were both very grateful for that. 

Dave bit the bullet and went to class. He forgot his phone...so naturally something terrible would happen. It was an evening class from 6-9. I gave Addison her usual bath and was getting her dressed. She has formed a new habit of grabbing her lamp. It fell on the floor so I leaned down to pick it up. The next thing I know she has rolled onto the floor as well. It was a hard hit and it scared both of us. Poor thing probably cried hard and loud to compete with my volumes. After the initial shock was over I of course called my parents. I got a hold of one of Dave's classmates who told me Dave was already on his way home. All in all she ended up being ok and went to bed smiling. 

My dad told me I should open the drawers next time to catch her:) Sometimes I wonder what was done to me that I don't remember anymore...

2 comments:

  1. Im glad you guys are ok! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! Sick bugs do stink.... and that is a great idea! I may have to start opening drawers just in case! haha I'm so glad Addi is okay :) That would be scary!

    ReplyDelete