Thursday, January 7, 2016

Merry & Bright

Christmas 2015 started off a little rocky for the Michael family! We picked Auntie Kate up from the airport and made our way down to Cincinnati. We had our traditional Fajen family Christmas Eve dinner with the Lynn family. Avery spent the evening stealing handfuls of candy and cookies. She would quietly not be around and then I would find her hidden shoving frosting in her mouth. It made or a wild night! The girl cousins got to make gingerbread house together and I think more candy got eaten than decorated. My cousin Olivia was able to spend a few days with us which was a nice treat. We've never spent Christmas together and it was fun to have her around. After dinner we read the story of the birth of our Savior and the girls all enjoyed playing musical instruments to sing along. This year all the girls including the big girls got matching pajamas. It was cute to be twinners with everyone...way to go Mom! During Christmas bingo before opening our pajamas Avery kept taking everyones M&Ms. Papa read, "T'wis the Night Before Christmas" and then we sprinkled some reindeer food on the lawn. We didn't even have to wear coats this year! Dave and I packed up early to set out our own milk and cookies for Santa. We let the girls have a sister sleepover in Avery's room and lets just say it was a VERY late night. Santa got to work on building bunkbeds that made for an even later night!
A memory that someday I want Addison to remember...

We had locked Addison's bedroom with hopes that we would surprise the girls at the end. Addison woke up and ran into her room to get dressed like she always does. Somehow the door didn't close so it didn't lock. Addison looked at the new beds and ran into our room crying. It took a good 20 minutes before we could convince her to come down and see what Santa left. It was a ROUGH start to what Dave and I had hoped would have been a happy experience. Later in the day we got Addison to say that she saw her bedsheets on the bottom bunk and was upset that she had to sleep on the bottom. I had gotten matching sheets for both girls and she got worried. We explained to her that she still gets to sleep on the top and the rest of the day was full of smiles. AHH the mind of a four year old! I can laugh now, but it was a really sad morning trying to pep the girls up from staying up way to late and not liking the bunk beds! The girls were very lucky this year to get a lot of nice things. Addison's favorite was a stuffed cat. Avery is still on cloud nine with her Sofia the First dress up and matching shoes. Grandma Michael sent a Frozen Karaoke machine and I think that Dave enjoys playing with it more:) Dave got a corn hole game and he finally got a Dyson vacuum. I hide it from him since black Friday and he was actually surprised! We headed down to my parents for crepes for breakfast. My parents gave the girls a puppet theater with lots of puppets to match. I grew up with a puppet theater that my mom made me and I have a lot of fond memories from playing with it. I am really excited for the girls to do the same. Merry Christmas!  



































No comments:

Post a Comment