Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy Happy Birthday to Grammie!

My mom's birthday was at the beginning of December and it was a wonderful celebration. I arranged to take her over to the Indianapolis temple to do an endowment session together. It was a special experience and I will treasure it. The drive was a little over two hours so we got in some good chatting to and from. Jenny had given my mom a gift certificate to a wood fired pizza place nearby the temple. It was delicious and we both ate way too much! They had fancy pizza and salads that we both enjoyed. Afterwards we grabbed some peppermint hot chocolate and made the journey back. The Indianapolis temple is so beautiful inside that I love going there. It will hold a dear place in my heart since our family got to go in together for the open house this past summer. The next day was my mom's actual birthday and so the girls and I headed down for dinner and celebrations. I made my mom's sticky cherry frosting cake that her mother made for her growing up. It is a labor of love since I don't enjoy baking too often. The girls picked out a pretty poinsettia and some cherry chocolates to give her. A friend of mine was selling scarves and I had her make a purple one to give my mom. We ended the evening going to Red Lobster and the girls had a great time singing happy birthday in the restaurant. I am blessed to call this lady my mother. She is the constant positive voice in my head and by my side. This past year and a half of living so close will probably be the fondest memories I will have with her. Happy Birthday Grammie!






No comments:

Post a Comment