Friday, January 15, 2016

Big Girl Things

Avery Mae is growing up whether or not we're ready for it! After Santa brought bunk beds the next step was to move the girls into the same room. Three weeks later and I am still questioning why as parents we mess with a good thing! I remember going through this with Addison and trying to get her to stay in her bed. Avery now has the temptation to scoot up the latter and jump all over the top bunk. Dave and I feel helpless as parents and I want to pull my hair out every single night at bed time. Avery likes to come up with some really good responses like, "I slept long time LAST night!" and "Never EVER!" As soon as we get her settled on her bed and close the door she springs up and asks Addi what she's doing up there. We resorted to a lot of creativity and finally we've started to rock her to sleep. She fights it hard until she finally goes limp and starts snoring. Most nights it takes 1.5 to 2 hours to get her to fall settle down. I'm documenting this so that when we are one round three of moving a child out of a crib I will know it gets better:) Avery now has to keep her binky in her bed for quiet time and bed time. It's somewhat of a motivation for her and she's getting better at obeying. Avery is still getting the hang of sleeping with all body parts in her bed. A couple times a week Dave jumps out of bed to a loud thud of Avery doing a summersault off her bed! It's a good thing Avery is so cute or she would be kicked to the curb doing bedtime!



No comments:

Post a Comment