Friday, January 15, 2016

Lets Add a Stone...

The day after Christmas was the annual lady shopping day at Kenwood Mall. After about an hour into the morning I started to not feel well. I felt like I was having stomach pains and then it turned into feeling really dizzy. Soon enough I knew I was having a kidney stone. Jenny drove me up to the base which was the longest hour drive of my life! I was terrified and panicking since I knew I couldn't have pain meds with being pregnant. They checked me into labor and delivery and began running a series of tests. I got to experience lots of fun poking which I felt like I could barely handle being in pain. It turns out that I had blood in my urine so they made me stay overnight. I thought I was going to start bawling at that point. They moved me into a room and I got situated for 24 hours of observations. I had to pee in a jug for 24 hours and keep it on ice. Awesome way to spend Christmas vacation! I was grateful it was a weekend and that I had extra hands in town. The girls went down to Cincinnati to play with cousins. After my 24 hour collection was over they didn't find anything and I was safe to go home. I still didn't visibly see the stone pass and that made me nervous. For the next few days I sat on the couch with a heating pad and took a lot of baths. This pregnancy has been so trying for me that I often wonder if I will emotionally make it. I ended up taking the girls into the doctor a couple days later to find out that they had pneumonia and sinus infections. Addison had to have a series of chest x-rays and and both were put on antibiotics. We didn't leave the house for a week and I hope the winter illness bug stays far away!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment