Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy Holidays 2013!

We're in the beginning of January and the count down is on til we move to Dayton. I know these next few months will fly by and soon I'll be swamped with boxes! I need to hurry up and update our lives so they don't get ahead of us. 

We had a great two weeks down in Cincinnati for Christmas and New Years. We packed in a lot and by some miracle I didn't end up sick this year. Addison and Avery are sick with coughs and runny noses, but at least I feel decent to take care of them! The day before we left we did a little Christmas with our family. Addison and I put cookies out for Santa and read The Night Before Christmas together. This is the first year that I feel like Addison understood what was going on. Santa was good to our girls! Addison loved her new shopping cart and grocery store food. They were each given more cereal bowls and Addison got a matching water bottle.  Avery got some new bigger winter clothes and a new book. Addison gave Avery a jingle owl toy that she loves to eat the face. Avery gave Addison some new paints and a giant crayon that is already broken:) We got out the easel and Addison painted happily all morning. After scrambling around to pack we left the 20th and made it back on the 4th from Cincinnati. Our return got delayed due to snow and ice. Everyone in my family was able to come for the holidays. We did our traditional viewing of the Train show, Festival of Lights at the zoo, Skyline, lady shopping day,Christmas crepes, Chinese food on New Year's Eve,  fancy adult dinner, a movie on Christmas day and lots of quality bonding. I managed to squeeze in a couple Jersey Mikes visits and Dave had about 10 UDF vanilla milk shakes! My favorite thing to do is staying up and playing games. Addison and Avery slept terrible while we were there so Dave and I were miserably tired. Avery pretty much forgot how to sleep and I am praying it comes back sooner than later! There was a lot of cousin play time. Grammie has lots of babies and they were put to good use. We took Addison to her first movie at the theater to see Frozen! Once the popcorn was gone she got a little squirmy, but she loved it. Avery slept like a dream and also enjoyed her fist movie:) We were able to video chat with Dave's family on Christmas and were sad we didn't get to go out west this year. Auntie Kate gave all the girls shirts that said, "If you think I'm cute you should see my Auntie Kate". She also gave Addi new princess bath toys and Avery some pjs. Jonathan and Eliza blessed little Olivia while we were there. Dave and I got to go out on a date one evening and it was nice to leave Avery at home. We were glad to put a close to 2013 and can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment