Sunday, January 26, 2014

Growing Up...4 Months

Miss Avery Mae just turned 4 months! I keep thinking in the back of my mind that we're moving when she's around 6 months so it is quickly approaching. I went into the doctor's office for her well visit with huge dark circles. Something has happened to this poor child who already didn't really sleep very well. She has been getting up about every 2 hours since Christmas. I.AM.DYING! They  increased her antacid medicine which has seemed to help a little, but she just cries all the time now. Dave left to go study the other day and I didn't think I was going to make it through another day of crying. He ended up going and getting some gripe water which is suppose to help colic or fussy babies. So far I don't see that much improvement, but lets keep our fingers crossed. Avery is turning out to be a little bit of a petite lady. Most of her weight I think is in her cute cheeks. The little brown fuzz on her hair is starting to grow in more and she still has a thicker patch at the base of her head. She has the brightest dark eyes that just stare and look around. I think Avery is going to be an observer like her dad. She is a quiet baby when she's not crying and it takes a lot of coaxing to get her to giggle. When you raise her high above your hair and wiggle her back and forth she does a little chuckle. She also will laugh if you put a blanket over her face and pull it off really fast. Her eyes go bug eyed and then she smiles and laughs. Addison still LOVES to hold her all the time. When I put Avery in the bumbo Addison will push her all around the kitchen floor showing her new things. Her favorite is to push her up to the garbage can so she can see their reflections and make hand signs. Avery is mostly found on my hip or in my arms. I feel like I carry her a lot and for now that is ok. I am content to let Addison tear apart the family room while Avery snoozes in my arms and the dust collects. Avery's latest thing is that she needs to have a soft blanket over her face to sleep. Not just by her cheek, but literally over her face! It scared me at first, but she just falls right asleep (it's the staying asleep that's the problem). Addison was very concerned about Avery getting her shots at the doctors. She was very loving to Avery afterwards and was very sad when she was fussy from them. Cross your fingers that this gripe water works and I can get a little more sleep around here!
Weight: 13 lbs 10oz 48%
Height:
Head:



No comments:

Post a Comment