Thursday, November 7, 2013

Special Moments

Right before Dave left for his last week away he gave me a blessing. I was really emotional through it and Addison was very concerned. She sat still during it with her arms folded watching. Afterwards she came  over and asked her daddy if he could give her one. This caught us both off guard, but Dave looked at her and told her of course he would. Having the priesthood in our home is a special blessing that I am grateful for every day. We all said goodbye to Dave and I went to close the door behind him. As I turned around I saw Addison next to Avery who was in the swing with her hands on top of Avery's head. I went to tell her to be soft and to not touch her head. That's when I heard Addison begin to mutter prayer words and then shout, "Amen!" I asked her what she just did and her response was so innocent, "I'm just giving Avery a little blessing." I started to bawl. How often we forget the influence that our actions have on these special little spirits. I tried to explain that only daddy's who hold the priesthood get to give blessings, but it was hard for her to understand. Throughout the week when Avery would cry Addison would run over and put her hands on Avery's head. It makes me smile inside every time it happens. I know this is a little phase, but I want Addison to read this one day and know how special she is!


No comments:

Post a Comment