Friday, July 5, 2013

Welcoming July

Summer is finally here and we are having the most random weather. It rains some days, is blistering hot, cloudy and then perfect cool weather. It is so strange, but we are still trying to stay busy. Jenny has helped to keep Addison busy by sharing Harley. Addison always wants Harley to "sit" on her lap. This entails a sitting sandwich as Jenny calls it. Addison has to sit on Jenny's lap and then scoot Harley closer to her. Addison is going to miss feeding Harley at every meal and going outside with him to potty.

Along with Summer has come some incredibly weird cravings. Snow cones are still the top winner, but a few new ones have been added. I want canned banana peppers on EVERYTHING. It is terribly strange for me because I had never even had one until last week. Dave is getting used to our meal planning revolving around whether or not it is okay to put them on our food. I also have found a love for thin tortilla chips dipped in spicy queso dip. Needless to say I wake up most nights with raging heartburn and end up having to sleep sitting up. It is worth the trade off :) I am starting to swell and I think my ring might be coming off soon. I pained my toenails the other night and I think I crushed poor baby girl. Dave is going to have to step it up here soon!

We took advantage of some nice weather last weekend and took Jenny to Olcott Beach. It is a cute little town that has kiddie rides for a quarter and a fun splash pad. We went last year and Addison wasn't too sure about the rides. This year she rode them all! Her facial expressions could have fooled you about whether or not she was enjoying herself. She sat stone faced and almost mad looking throughout every ride! It was pretty funny because when she would get off she would ask to go again! She even rode a little ferris wheel all by herself. We ate a picnic and then headed over to the splash pad. Addison loved it! I was a little less paranoid letting her wander than when we were at the pool. We topped it off with some ice cream and then headed home.

Jenny has been put to work around here during her stay! I am trying to make a lovie blanket for the little lady and it has proven to be a little challenging. I had a hard time making Addison's and this was no different. After throwing away the first round I found a better stuffed animal and things are looking good. I dropped it off at a place to embroider her name on it. Addison helped Jenny wash her car last week and we only got sprayed with the hose a few times. Addison insisted on wearing her rain boots and then walking Harley. It ended in a very large skinned knee and some big tears! Tonight Dave and I get to escape for a night and Jenny will hold the fort down!


No comments:

Post a Comment