Sunday, July 14, 2013

Out & About

We are still using our groupon for mini golfing....over a year later. Who knew mini golfing could be so fun! Dave and Jenny made a wager of loser buys frozen yogurt. It was a close match until the end. Dave spared Jenny no mercy and loaded up an almost 7 dollar cup of yogurt! I chased Addison around who didn't get a nap and my feet were killing me by hole 4.

We had Will over so his parents could sneak away to the temple. He will be gone for his birthday so we had a little party for him here. Addison gave him a Cars coloring book and crayons. They played out in the pool and had snow cones. Addison ended up helping Will eat his snow cone and convincing him to push her in the stroller. She has become a little bossy these days! She likes to talk to the life guards at the pool and tell them to retrieve toys for her...little stinker! Addison has started to express her feelings a lot more around here. A funny thing that she has started to say is, "No, Don't look at me!" She has hit middle school attitude a little too early. We just take it one day at a time and the slower I get the faster she seems to go!

We got to go to the Palmyra Pageant last night and it was amazing! Addison sat starry eyed and loved it! We sat by the missionaries and she talked their ears off. We were so far away that she kept saying everyone was a baby. She shouted, "Baby Nephi's up there!" I loved watching how much she enjoyed seeing all the costumes and the play itself. It has been special to go the past two years while we have lived here. We got home and in bed around 1am. It was well worth the trip though! The Smith's treated us to pizza and I am regretting it today. I am a swollen marshmallow today! I can't wear my ring today and I just about had to cut my shoes off after church.  

I was without a car for almost three days this week. My little 99 needs to last just a little bit longer! I am grateful that Dave is handy and was able to fix it himself. Juana was nice enough to take me to my OB appointment clear across town with all her kids and then watch Addison during it. I am lucky to have such good friends here. Addison wakes up late most mornings which has been a huge blessing for me. She wants her hair put in pig tails everyday now. She looks at herself in the mirror and says, "I look so pretty!"...oh boy! She has also become quite the little "mother" in training. All she wants to do is play with her dolls. She rocks them and puts them down for a nap. She tells us all to, "SHHHH be quiet baby sleeping!" Baby has to go everywhere with us too. I bet she will be thrilled come September and when we have our very own baby doll around here! The days are getting hotter and September is coming closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment