Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Beach

I have loved Dave not having classes this Summer. It gives up an extended weekend and one more day to play...or for Dave to study:) We hadn't been to Beaver Island yet this Summer so we headed on over. It was another unbearably hot day so we thought it would be a good way to cool down. Boy were we wrong! There was no shade and I forgot how overheated I get while pregnant. Plus Addison was acting scared of the water and didn't want to play in the sand. We only stayed for about 45 minutes and then headed back home. It was a sad attempt at going to the beach! Dave did get Addison to go out in the water a little while he carried her.  Play group was held there this past week and it had cooled off to the high 60's so we tried round two. It was a much better experience and we stayed for a few hours. Addison was brave and I took her pretty far out into the water. She shared most of her lunch with the annoying seagulls that were everywhere! Some new families have moved into the ward that have kids her age. She has become a little social butterfly and is happy to have more little friends!  
Addison has become very interested in when this baby Avery is going to come out and play. She likes to look at my belly and press my belly button (which I HATE!) in. She will sing songs and read books to my belly. It is pretty much the sweetest thing that I have ever seen. She is going to be a very involved big sister. She likes to look and sit by all the babies where ever we go. We are working on not trying to picking them up! Her favorite activity to do is play babies. She gets out her high chair and feeds them and then burps them. She then rocks them and covers them up in her dolly pack and play. Addison asked the other day how baby Avery was going to come out!?!?! What I am suppose to say to that one! I told her that she would just come out when she was ready. She seemed content with that answer and now repeats that when she is ready Avery will play.When did my child start asking so many big girl questions!!


No comments:

Post a Comment