Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cleaning and A Little Party

I picked up a  play vacuum off the curb a few months ago for Addison. It has sat in our garage collecting dust since. Addison squeals every time Dave turns on the vacuum and we caught it on video the other night, it was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. She throws her arms up and starts running in place and giggling. I brought in the play vacuum and Addison has been very busy "cleaning" around here. I love it and she makes me laugh how seriously she takes her job. 

I was sick this week with a little stomach bug. It was miserable, but we just kept ourselves busy to pass the time. I have a meeting or an activity every night this week. It is the primary program this upcoming Sunday and I am busy planning that. It is going to be really nice and a lot of work has gone into it! Recipe exchange was on Wednesday and it was a great turnout. I have really enjoyed planning this group and each month it gets better. 

We got invited to a Halloween party this past weekend. It was almost a deal breaker that costumes were required. Dave refused to dress up and I am pretty bummed. I called my mom and she managed to find a pretty harmless costume out of the dress up box. He got to choose from a giant peanut M&M or a Hawaiian tourist. He went with the tourist. He looked awesome (I secretly think that he enjoyed how good he looked!) The only thing that would have made it better was if we had a fanny pack...perhaps one of Grammie Fajen's would have done the trick:) I fulfilled a life long dream of dressing up as Harry Potter. Jenny let me borrow the one and only wand and cloak! We had a really good time catching up with friends and eating good food. Addison got to have a date with Will and a babysitter. She was a party animal and stayed up till 11! I felt bad that she didn't go to bed, but I kinda didn't think that she would being at Will's house. Dave survived his costume and we had a great weekend!  


1 comment: