Sunday, May 6, 2012

Catch Up

We haven't been up to really anything exciting around here lately. We are getting ready to go to DC before Dave starts clinical this summer so we are saving our money and energy.  Dave has been busy with the young men and enjoying getting back to his days as a youth. He took them paint balling and is getting ready for a camp out coming up. School is still taking over his life. He went to a CRNA conference this weekend and learned all the joys of life once he graduates. Addison and I played single mom and had a pretty fun time of it. 

I have been busy keeping this place clean for the Realtors who have been coming in and out. Our land lord put our place up for sale which has been somewhat of a pain. I keep hoping that nobody wants to buy it! I have entered the world of refinishing furniture. This could very well be my first and last project. It is a lot of work! I hope to finish my project soon. I have been focusing a lot of energy on planning Addi's first birthday party. I am having way too much fun and Dave thinks I'm crazy. Nursery is keeping me busy both during the week and on Sunday's. I am slowly getting the hang of being organized...or as much as I can.

Whenever I take her out these days it seems she attracts more and more attention. She has become quite the social butterfly to say the least. She loves to wave Bye-Bye and flap her hand as fast as she can. Uh-Oh still seems to be at the top of her vocabulary skills. We are still not really sure where she picked that one up? She is learning to sign "more" and "all done" at meal times. It is more of a frantic wave of her hands, but she is starting to associate it with eating time. When she hugs her baby she will softly mumble something that we think is baby. It is really sweet and she loves to give hugs now. She will pat your back or arm while she gives you a love. Sometimes during meals she will start to go, MMMM. This is usually while eating crackers or cheese which are her favorite things. 

Our little Addison is now ELEVEN months. In less than four weeks we are going to have a one year old! This is very difficult for both of us to wrap our minds around. She still seems like our little baby. She still lets us rock her to sleep at night and cuddle her:) Until this stops I think I will still think of her as a baby. She has started to truly turn into a busy girl. She manages to get into things that I never thought possible. We no longer can keep our toilet paper on the holder. It has to go on top of the toilet...until she can reach that. I was cleaning the blinds this week and she dumped the whole bottle of vinegar on herself while I was up on top of a chair. We both looked at each other and she bolted for the door. She is a smart lady. She has had her first taste of soap and left bite marks in the bar to prove it. She never sits while taking a bath and tosses all her squirters out on the floor. When Dave is out grilling Addison will stand at the door and pound on the window shouting really loud. I am pleased to say that Addison and I are no longer napping partners! She proudly takes her naps all by herself!  So much has changed these past few weeks in terms of Addison's growth. She is a very verbal and playful child. She is very interested in exploring her surroundings and we are enjoying seeing her discoveries. 


1 comment:

  1. I am glad she is getting into everything! It is annoying when you get child locks on doors and cupboards and then you turn around and they can figure it all out. Remotes wont work because the batteries will have been taken out. They will get into your craft stuff and spray a whole can of febreze. urg hehehehe

    ReplyDelete