Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dallas or Bust

As if being in the car for 30+ hours wasn't enough I got on a plane 3 days later to Dallas! Auntie Katie needed an Addison fix to celebrate her soon to be 1st birthday. Yes, I said 1st birthday!! It makes me cry even thinking it is in 4 days. Addison went to bed the night before our flight with a goopy eye and I got a little worried. We had a full 7 hour flying day ahead of us. I got up the next morning and ran her to the early walk in at the pediatrician. We were lucky enough to get in a out and prescription picked up before needing to be at the airport at 11. The diagnosis was the lovey pink eye! I am now paranoid about washing my hands and Addison touching things. She handled her drops really well and it was cleared up in 2 days. Addison did really well on the flight out. She slept on both flights and even tolerated being stuck on the run way for an hour before we began our 3.5 hour flight. I had bought her a tiny baby doll and it was a HIT. It was the best 9 dollars I think I have ever spent on her. 

We packed in so much over the few days that we were there that I still can't believe how busy we were! Addison was on cloud nine with all the love and attention she got. Auntie Katie let me sleep in ever day i was there so I was on cloud nine as well. I got my Jersey Mikes fix twice! We went to an amazing three level mall that had just about any store you could imagine. I am now converted to TexMex food. We ate at a delicious place called Gloria's. At night we caught up on some good t.v. that I now find to be a luxury. If you don't have to fight with an antenna to get a signal for five minutes I am happy. The next day I got a full tour of downtown Dallas. I got to experience "brunch" at its finest. Addison enjoyed her first fresh squeezed oj and lets just say I don't think she will be settling for the canned stuff anymore. Dallas seems like a really fun city full of unique shopping and unbelievable restaurants. My pallet was pleased after every meal! That evening we enjoyed some of the best fried chicken I have ever had! I am still dreaming about it. Auntie Katie picked up some sprinkles cupcakes for Addison's pre-birthday celebration. We went over to Maria's dad's place and went swimming and had a little grillout. Afterwards we put Addi on a garbage bag and let her got at it. It was a strawberry banana cupcake that she loved! She used her pointer finger to get started and then figured out what to do shortly after. She got a good hose down after. I had an evening flight so we were able to get up early catch some breakfast and got to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was a really interesting layout that had a lot packed in to a small space. Addison loved all the birds and fish. Her new thing when she sees animals is to go , "OOOOO" and get really excited. She performed her tricks all weekend long and loved playing with her dollies. She was such a happy girl to be with her Aunt. It was really sad to leave, but I think Addison is looking forward to her next trip to Dallas!!! 

Oh and don't worry I did sneak in one Whataburger meal...just one I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment