Saturday, February 27, 2016

What We Do

Addison doesn't nap anymore and fights the days that she could use a nap to stay awake. One day she got all geared up to go play out in the snow and Dave looked over and she was face down snoozing away. We both couldn't believe what we saw and couldn't stop laughing! She was down for about an hour in all her warm gear. 
On Tuesdays and Thursdays while Addison is at preschool Avery and have buddy time. We sometimes go get smoothies and we then end up at a store or the library. She somehow talks me into turning on the DVD player in the van as we move around town:) I enjoy our one on one time together and will hold onto it for a few more weeks till we add another buddy! My baby belly is growing growing! Bending over is proving to be a challenge and picking up Avery is near impossible. I am still on mild bed rest and will be until I deliver. I have had so many doctor appointments I can't even count! The only plus is that I get to have a lot of ultrasounds so I get to see the little lady a lot. Addison and Avery have been troopers through all of the bouncing around from different play dates. My appointments are so long that I can't bring them with me. I used to love to bring Addison with me to my appointments when I was pregnant with Avery. She would get really excited to hear the heartbeat every time. Things have been so different this time around.
Sunday's have become matching dress day for Addison and Avery. They like to take turns picking out with dress they will wear together. Avery still HATES to wear tights. We usually have to bribe her with a couple packs of fruit snacks in order to get her legs in. On the Sunday's that Dave has ward council it's an even bigger wrestling match! 
Since I've been on bed rest Dave hasn't been picking up extra shifts at other hospitals. We've enjoyed the extra time with him around. It's going to be hard when things go back to normal. We like to go to the library a lot these days. We bring a big bag and fill it with books and then pick up a movie or two to watch. We discovered a new to us library that has a great children's section. There is a giant lego table, dollhouses, puppets, a little playhouse and lots and lots of books. It's been the perfect place to go after quiet time to pass the time till dinner. 
This winter has truly been brutal for illnesses. The girls and I have gotten the throw ups twice. At one point we all just slept on beach towels because I got tired of changing sheets. Being pregnant and getting the stomach bug is cruel combination. Poor Avery doesn't is the worst when she gets sick. She doesn't understand what is happening and would just cry. It broke my heart that I couldn't do anything. Thankfully Dave doesn't have the gag reflux that I do and can handle helping the girls make it to the bathroom. I run away dry heaving and gagging! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment