Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sleeping Beauty

OH AVERY! Sleeping has become somewhat of a circus act around here. Poor Avery still hasn't adjusted to having the freedom of a big girl bed. Actually I should rephrase that and say, "Poor Mom and Dad!" We were still fighting her for 2-3 hours of her climbing up to the top bunk and waking Addi up. Addi falls asleep pretty fast, but Avery wants to play for a few hours still. We've tried lots of different tricks and ideas... and nothing seems to be working. I never thought that I would say that I didn't want my toddler to take a nap! We've had to cut Avery's naps off by 3:30 which makes her really sad for the next little while. Watching her on the video monitor makes me laugh during quiet time. She usually passes out somewhere on the floor. On the days that I want her to go to bed early and I try to skip her nap she will fall asleep right before dinner on the couch! Recently we've worked it out that we put Addi to bed in our room which causes some tears since she wants to be in her new bed. Avery then goes to bed alone in her bed. It has cut the chase time down a lot and then Dave carries Addi back to bed. I am hoping that we can transition them together soon and bedtime is a happy time again!















No comments:

Post a Comment