Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sunflowers for the Soul

I had a really terrible no good very bad day a few Sunday's ago. It was a series of events that spiraled downhill. I wasn't feeling well and on top of it and Dave had meetings and a fireside in the evening. We left a baptism early because Avery was really tired and hungry. On our way home feeling discouraged for trying to support a family in the ward we came to this sunflower patch. It blooms every late summer and its free to roam around in. It was good for the soul to be around so many beautiful tall flowers. I was invited to go to a party and since Dave was going to be gone I chose to go. It didn't go well and I ended up leaving and feeling really bad about everything in my life. I read a quote as I got into bed that changed my perspective for the next day. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow." So I tried again tomorrow and remembered the pretty sunflowers:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment