Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Number 8!

We made it past the seven year itch onto eight years of blissful marriage! This year we hit the jackpot with living by my parents and Dave having a couple days off of work. We dropped the girls off and Dave took us on a little road trip to Indiana. He planned the whole trip so I didn't really know what to expect. On our wedding night we stayed at a themed hotel room. Dave was trying to recreate that and it turned out to be a pretty funny situation. The hotel was actually some what of a motel and was in a really random location. We drove through back roads and corn fields forever! I was getting a little worried and I think Dave was too. He pull up and check into the "Caveman Room". I about died when we walked in. It smelled like smoke and I don't think the carpet had ever been cleaned. Despite the smell there were fake rose petals all over and that was a big deal for Dave to "splurge" on that. Although, he was pretty ticked that they looked recycled petals I still appreciated the thought. There were some pretty awesome caveman drawings on the wall (I'll leave those to your imagination!) and there was a large hot tub in the middle of the room. The bed was round with square sheets so the night was a little bit of a struggle. We made the best of it and I will remember it because of how much we laughed. They wouldn't open the breakfast bar for us in the morning which put Dave in a not so happy mood. There was a Waffle House just down the street so we ventured over there. We were both happy to leave and we drove more into the city to find some furniture stores. We've (and by we I mean me) been looking for some nightstands for our room. We've been sporting the white containers I had in collage when I lived in the dorms. We found a place that had really expensive things, but lucked out with a set on clearance. I felt blessed that we found what we wanted at half the price. We barely fit them in the back of the car and the trunk! Next, Dave took us to a movie theater that served dinner. It was the coolest place ever! It was nice food and you got to enjoy it while watching the movie. We headed back towards our house afterwords and took a more direct route this time:) We were both full from lunch still so we went out for some appetizers and dessert to top the night off. It was a perfect little getaway and I appreciated all of Dave's efforts to make me feel special.  

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment