Monday, May 11, 2015

Ballet, Bubbles and Bedtime

Addison started her very first attempt at ballet and is loving it. She's taking an intro class at the local YMCA with ages 3-5. The only thing that we don't like about it is that it's on Saturday in the middle of the day. I've had to set an alarm on my phone so we don't run like mad out the door five minutes before it starts. She looks so cute in her little outfit and enjoys wearing the ballet shoes. I got her to let me put her hair into a bun once, but that was it. Addison still is in the phase of wanting lonnnnggg Rapunzel hair that flows down her back with only her bangs pulled back. It causes a lot of tangles and tears in the mornings! Once this session is over I think we'll take a break for the summer and look into a dance studio this fall. 

I was in charge of a mission farewell brunch last month for a lady going to SLC. I was excited because I had found a SLC temple cookie cutter. I made cookies for everyone to take home and they turned out pretty decent. I dislike baking a lot so it was a labor of love. Addison thought they were castles and Dave thought they were crowns:)

Addison has reached the stage where she rarely falls asleep during the day now:( It makes me sad that she is becoming more of a little lady and less of a toddler. Her fourth birthday is about 3 weeks away! This past couple weeks I've gone into her room and found her asleep surrounded by lots of stuffed animals. The latest game around here is pulling EVERY single blanket and spreading them on the floor. She then places a stuffed animal on each one and they all have a "sleepover". It drives me batty since its a huge mess to clean up about 3 times a day. She can't fold the blankets herself yet so its a but chore for me. Although it makes me nuts I love that she has an imagination to create something that she finds so wonderful. 

Now that there is no snow and little rain we've been meeting Grammie every chance we can get. We met at the Mall a couple weeks ago to look for a flower girl dress for Addi. Aunt Makel is getting married and we haven't had luck finding Addi one. We shopped for almost five hours! The girls did great and we even went to the Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner. It was a lovely lady evening and it's what I've always dreamed of when I think of living by my mom. We topped the night off with ice cream and Avery was kind enough to share with Grammie:)

The girls are starting to play more together and especially at bath time. They try and talk me into doing bubbles which ends in a giant water fight all over. They like to dump water on each other and scrub at their backs. Avery usually will start it and then try and scrub all of Addison's hair. Bath time will always be a favorite around here!  



No comments:

Post a Comment