Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Happenings

This was the last weekend before Dave ships off to Syracuse until mid December. I have been trying to mentally prepare myself a little bit at a time. This Summer was really difficult and I am trying to relax more knowing he will be back on Friday's every weekend. Friday I went to a baby shower celebration for a friend at Olive Garden. Dave stayed home and bonded with Addison. She is currently obsessed with the vacuum. Since Dave secretly enjoys this chore it is a good fit for them. They spent the night vacumming away. Addison likes to turn it on and off and then do a little tap dance and scream. It is really cute to watch. I guess she isn't afraid of it anymore! I had been looking forward to Saturday all week! We got a babysitter and it was much needed. We went out to dinner and Dave picked a little place out all on his own! We ended the night by going to the adult session of stake conference. It was a great session full of prayerful speakers. Dave will kill me if he reads this, but since he hardly ever does I will risk it. Dave claimed that a eyelash got caught in both his eyes at the same time. It sort of makes my heart melt that he got a little teary eyed. I don't think that there was a dry eye in the room. We had a great babysitter who even did my dishes! I made some freezer meals for Dave to take with him. It is a pain during the process, but I know he will be happy to have a good meal. We had some friends over for games and desserts tonight to end the weekend. We didn't end up playing games, but instead they helped us put in our new microwave. Ours went out and we were forced by our landlord to by our own. Dave found a good deal on craigslist and it is newer than our old one! Now I can eat my bagel bites:) Addison likes to help drag the garbage bag out to the garage can. Dave stuck her in the empty can and she sat down and tried to close the lid. I was slightly dying inside at how gross the inside of the can was! We think this might be a great "time out" spot!


No comments:

Post a Comment