Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Well, it happened! We were kid free this past week for 4 whole days! My parents took Addison down to Pittsburgh early for Thanksgiving to give Dave and I a "staycation". We wanted to do a whole lot of nothing and that we did! I had a minor melt down as they backed out of the driveway, but I pulled myself together and had a great weekend. We went out to dinner for some friends birthdays (and didn't have to pay a sitter or check my phone the whole time!) to a yummy Thai place. We were extremely late to church since we didn't have Addison to wake us up (and we forgot to set an alarm...oops!). Dave didn't know what to do with himself during Sunday School and I was able to run around like a mad woman in primary! We went to some new people in our ward for a really nice dinner so I didn't even have to cook. I got almost all of my Christmas shopping done and a whole bunch of other errands that are hard to do with the little lady. We skyped with Addison a few times and she didn't even seem to miss us. She called everyone "Mommy"and chased Harley around all weekend. Thank you Grammie and Papa Fajen!

Jenny and Paul hosted Thanksgiving at their house this year. I still have yet to cook a turkey and I am happy about that! Jenny had everything planned out really nicely. I was in charge of the pretzel jello salad that Dave likes to have. Addison didn't appreciate her thanksgiving meal and chose to throw it on the floor. Poor girl was cutting three molars at once! I made everyone play a little thankful game before we ate. Everyone had a box and you had to write something you were thankful about that person and put it in their box. It turned out to be a really nice thing that wasn't too painful for even Dave. We stayed up too late every night playing games, watching tv and doing a giant puzzle. My dad even enjoyed playing the games! Jenny got a babysitter for Addison on day and we went to the new James Bond movie and out to dinner. I was a little nervous, but Addison did just fine:) On the last day we went down to the strip district of downtown Pittsburgh. We rode an old wooden cable car and went in a bunch of fun little shops. I found an amazing spice store that I could of bought one of everything, but settled for some cinnamon.

As this time of year comes and goes I realize how grateful I am for so many things. I feel like I spend a lot of time wanting what I don't have and wishing for different outcomes. When I take a step back and ponder on my life I am truly blessed with an amazing family. I have a beautiful daughter who is so much like my personality it makes me want to cry. She is independent  determined, curious, happy, cranky, a good sleeper, hates veggies, loves fruit and loves her dad the most! Dave is an incredibly hard worker who tries so hard to make Addison and I happy. I often take him for granted, but he means the world to our little family. Being able to spend so much time with my family since we have moved to Buffalo is something that I will treasure. My parents have gotten to be a part of Addison's first year almost every month. This most likely won't ever happen again, but a girl can only hope! I have fun, loving and kind siblings who love me and have been so welcoming to Dave in our family. They each love Addison more than I ever could have hoped and know that she will always have people around her to lift her up. I am also grateful for Dave's family. It is hard to be an in-law sometimes, but they are all very thoughtful  and are great aunt and uncles to Addison as well. Lastly, I am grateful for my Savior. I have a testimony that he heals and hears my prayers and heart. These past few months have been challenging for our family. We continue to be tried with patience and I am thankful that is our only trial. We are so blessed! Happy Thanksgiving 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment