Sunday, November 18, 2012

Santa Is Coming To Town

I got a hair brained idea last year that I wanted to make a play kitchen for Addison. Dave didn't think that I would ever get it done...Well I am proud to say that for Christmas this year Addison is getting a pretty light blue kitchen! I went to a ton of garage sales this Summer looking for a cheap, but sturdy nightstand. I found one in my neighborhood for $15. I spent a lot of nights sanding after Addison went down for bed. It took me a lot longer than I thought it would. It was solid oak and the stain was on there good! My dad took it home with him to cut out the hole for the sink and to add a back to it. He took his laboring job very seriously! He did an amazing job and added some fun touches. He put a touch light over the sink, a chalkboard on the side, a spice rack on the other side and a wire rack in the oven. We set up shop in the basement and started priming. We painted the next day and it was a lot harder to paint than I thought it was going to be! I bought an oil based primer which turned out to be a mistake. I will know for next time:) The best part was putting on all the finishing touches. I found a pig shaped kitchen timer with matching utensils. My dad is a saint and always comes to my crafting aid while Dave is busy. The hardest part will be waiting til Christmas to give it to Addison! 

No comments:

Post a Comment