Sunday, November 18, 2012

Another Year Down...

I am now officially tipping the scale toward 30. I had a great birthday this year. The older you get the less exciting they become:) I was feeling sort of sorry for myself that Dave would be going to Syracuse on my special day. I begged my parents to also feel sorry for me and come up for my birthday. It was a great week and I feel so lucky to have them close by. My favorite thing ever is a Jersey Mike's sandwich. We never live by one so anytime we are close by one I make Dave take me. My parents surprised me and brought one up to kick off my birthday! After got here Dave and I scooted away for a birthday dinner out. Dave took me to a hibachi grill restaurant. I LOVE these places. Dave has never been to one and I think he was surprised that he ended up liking it. It could have been the fact that we drank sake(rice alcohol)!!! We had seen people around us getting squirted in the mouth with a clear liquid. I thought it was water...Our waiter found out it was my birthday and got the bottle and started squirting in my mouth. My mouth started burning and then the waiter went to Dave. Our mouths were dripping with this crap and we spit it out in our napkin! It was pretty funny, but I felt sick the whole night. For my birthday my friends had a little brunch for me. It was very fun to have a few hours to myself with my girl friends. I convinced my parents and Dave that I wanted to go bowling for my birthday. I don't think that my parents had been in 20+ years and I don't think they want to go again for a while either! I started off with a strike and thought I was going to beat everyone. I ended up tying for last with my dad. Addison ran around trying to pick up balls and cheering up and down every time someone threw the ball. We ended the celebration with a rib dinner topped off with pina colada. I love my dad's ribs and he slaved all day to make them for me. I was spoiled by gifts and Dave even remembered to get me a carrot cake. I guess birthday's aren't so bad after all:) Happy 26th!


No comments:

Post a Comment