Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Surprise for Dave

I pulled off the surprise of a lifetime for Dave's birthday this year. I want to toot my own horn for a bit on how awesome it turned out. I arranged for his buddy Jeremy to fly in for them to have a "guys weekend". I have been on a few lady trips this year and I am always sneaking off to see my family. Dave has worked really hard this past year in school and makes a lot of sacrifices for Addison and I. Dave's birthday was on a Friday this year which worked out perfect. Dave was on his way back from Syracuse when I went to pick up Jeremy from the airport. I had told him that I had one more fast errand that I had forgotten about. He thought that we were going to go to a nice dinner that night and then go hiking all day the next day. I had even promised him that I would last like 10+ miles this time with no complaints. I really had him going:) Jeremy rang the back door bell and just as I predicted to Jeremy Dave went, "Jeremy? Dude!" He was pretty confused, but really excited. We jumped in the car and dropped Addison off at a friend's house so we could go out to eat. I made reservations at a place called, Chef's Italian. It was TERRIBLE. I felt bad that the meal and service was so bad. I tried to make up for it by serving fruit topped cheesecake for dessert. Addison gave her dad Kan Jam (a frisbee game) and I gave him a cool tungsten ring. He received lots of warm wishes and nice cards. Dave and Jeremy spent the weekend kayaking, mountain biking and camping. I regretted letting Dave be gone over Sunday as I wrestled Addison alone in sacrament meeting. They came home dirty and exhausted. I made a nice steak and corn dinner to end the weekend. It will be hard to top this birthday bash in the years to come! Thanks again Jeremy for taking the time off to come celebrate Buffalo style. Happy 28th Birthday Dave! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment