Monday, August 27, 2012

Owies


Dave went on a high adventure with the scouts this past week. They took a few canoes over to the Allegany National Forest and camped for a week. I was a little worried that they only brought ramon noodles, oatmeal, poptarts and cookies for meals. Dave said no one complained and that there were no major injuries. They didn't have cell phone service while out in the boonies. It was weird to not talk at all or to say goodnight. Dave didn't seem to mind too much, I however went crazy:) Jenny ended up coming up and saving me for the last few days of Dave being gone. No fingers will be pointed, but Addison did get her first black eye. She tripped in the bathroom and bumped her eye on the corner of a drawer. It just keeps getting more and more blue(the pictures don't do it justice). She points to her eye and says, "OW!" She will forgive who ever let this happen to her I am sure:)
Addison seems to be growing up and I want to freeze time. My only saving grace is that she still lets me rock her for a little bit at night and she gives the best hugs. She is starting to mimic everything that I do. I had the hiccups the other day while driving and I heard her making some weird noise in the back. When I got her out and was closer to her I realized she was trying to do hiccups! She has really started to pick up on folding her arms for prayer. It only lasts for a few seconds, but she does do it! Her hair has gone wild! Her curls are taking over her head. I put a little gel in it on Sunday and she looked pretty cute(minus the child abuse black eye). 
I took her to do a toy testing at Fisher Price this past week. At the end she got to pick a toy as a thank you. I really wanted her to grab the ipad childproof case. She went straight for the giant pink picnic basket that sings. She was carrying it around like a purse during the toy testing and became attached. Since she is the one performing the child labor I suppose picking a toy she likes is fair. 
We are starting to notice that Addison is afraid of heights. I am terribly afraid of them so I guess a small part of me expected her to be as well. We just didn't think that something like that would become apparent so early on. If you toss her up in the air or even set her on the counter she clings to you and whimpers. It does work to my benefit as I am trying to do her hair though! 
Addison loves to be in the kitchen when I am. She wants to be in the dishwasher or trying to "cook" in her corner while I do. She has her own set of little pots and she gets down to business with them! She has mastered the art of stirring. We are working on not touching the oven while it is on.
Addison pooped in the tub...for the third time. This time it was on her daddy's watch! Dave tried to pawn the duty of scooping it out and cleaning the aftermath on me. He claimed he has cleaned his fair share of poopy problems. I told him NOT A CHANCE! The last two have been when he isn't even home so it was his turn. Addison will kill me some day for talking multiple photos of the event.
We have been doing a lot of video chatting with grandparents and a lot of running around as Summer comes to a close. We are still taking a lot of wagon rides around the neighborhood and playing in little pool in our back yard.  Dave has started up a new semester and Addison and I are both grateful that he will be coming home at night. I am looking forward to the cooler weather and everything that Fall has to offer!

Look at those curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment