Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Dave had one more week left away and I took the opportunity to go home. I drove to Jenny's and loaded our stuff in her car and she drove the second leg of the trip. It was nice to not drive alone with Addison and it made the long drive go faster (oh and the bag of double bubble that I consumed the whole drive there). Back in April I had helped my mom gather things to do a collage on her wall. I had promised to come back to help hang it later. This was the week. Jenny used her awesome hanging skills and we got the job done. It makes the front room look really nice and I think my mom is pretty happy with it. We hit up all of my local favorites during the week. Jersey Mikes is always a first night deal followed by skyline, greaters ice cream and if I am lucky Larosa's Pizza. We went to a new Thai restaurant that I feel in love with too. Addison got to play with all of Grammie's fun toys and follow Papa around the house. Harley did a nice job of keeping Addison happy as well. Most importantly Jenny and I caught up on our tv show that week. Late nights equaled early mornings so it was a good thing Grammie was around! It was a great week and Addison and I are lucky to live so close right now. I will say that the drive home was not so lucky. Poor Addison was not having it and I had to pull over a few times to calm her down...which didn't work. 

We made it home just in time for Dave and I to say hello and finish writing out talks for sacrament meeting the next day. I haven't had to speak in about 2 years so it was time. Dave on the other hand had just spoken about 6 weeks earlier and was a good guy and agreed to speak again. My talk was on Finding Strength in the Lord and Dave spoke on Following Christ. I managed to hold myself together and not cry during half of it (must mean I am getting more mature). I was tempted to keep talking so that I could continue to watch Dave struggle with Addison in the pews. It was a peaceful 20 minutes of not picking up thrown books or chasing after Addison. I was grateful for the opportunity to take time and reflect on my testimony and build my thoughts about our Savior. Also I got so nervous that when I was introducing our family I forgot to mention that we had a daughter! 

I also got a new calling a few weeks ago. I am now the primary secretary. Apparently someone thinks that I know how to be organized! As soon as they can find someone to take my place as nursery leader I am sure that I will enjoy the change of pace and being around more adults on Sundays. Dave is headed on a high adventure with the scouts next week .They are going on a canoe trip which he has been looking forward to all Summer. Grandma Michael is on her way here as I type for the week. She hasn't seen Addison since Christmas time so I am sure she is in for a treat! We have a lot planned and I am excited to be able to go to the temple one of the days she is here!


1 comment:

  1. You did such an amazing job on your talk!!!
    Jeremy is super excited for the canoe trip!!!

    ReplyDelete