Friday, April 6, 2012

Warrior Child

Last week we had some more family visitors! Aunt Jenny and Uncle Paul are moving to Pittsburgh this Summer. They were there picking out a place to live and got finished early. They drove the four hours and where here by dinner. Addison enjoyed some quality bonding with her Aunty and even talked to into a few morning naps. We are really looking forward to having more family close by.

Addison went in to get her Easter pictures taken just in the nick of time. She now is covered in two huge goose egg bruises and scratches on her poor face. Dave was joking when we took her out to dinner that we were going to be on the local news for child abuse. She has an obsession with the stairs and we haven't been quick enough these days. I think the Easter bunny might be bringing her a baby gate:)

I would regret to not mention the early anniversary gift that Dave gave me. Jenny, Paul, Dave and I were sitting down to dinner and Dave said he wanted to give me my gift early. I knew when he wanted to give it to me in front of a group that it was going to be interesting. He pops out with a bow and arrow. I think that he took my liking of the Hunger Games a little too seriously(not to mention he bought it from a 15 year old off of craigslist list). Jenny and Paul started laughing as I started to cry. Most people get a piece of jewelry or go on a little trip for their 5th year anniversary. However, I get to say that my man got me a BOW! I am over the initial shock and can't wait to actually celebrate tomorrow!

Dave has been really busy with school. Addison and I are slowly getting used to this fact of life right now. We are really proud of him and know that one day it will pay off...

1 comment:

  1. wow Dave is such a thinker. Good job to him. Happy 5 years! On my 5 year anniversary I was stuck home alone in Montpelier keeping the kids quite while Marshall typed one of their really long papers for BSN. I was so ticked because we had way fun plans to celebrate so he took a short break and took me to dinner at the local diner/truck stop for dinner. Way to go Dave you win!

    ReplyDelete