Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our Baby

Addison June has so much personality we just don't know where she got it from! She has so much hair coming in on top and it is indeed going to be curly. I don't know whether to say sorry or your welcome. She will be ten months this week and I can't handle her growing up so fast! I am learning so much from her in each stage that she is in. There are so many things that I don't want to forget about her. Here is my attempt to document some of them...

* She is awesome at putting the ball in the hole in her dino toy over and over. The music has to be on loud in order for there to be repeated motivation. This is one of my favorite things to watch her do. She will look at you for praise after and then flap her arms up and down really fast.
* She is going to be a phone talker like her mama:) She will take a phone and put it up to her ear and grin. Dave is convinced that she sees someone doing this all day long while he is gone.
* She loves to jabber! We think that she is saying some words, but they are just our own Michael family interpretation. Ba(ball), Hi, waves bye bye, Mama and Dada.
* She tends to say Mama all day long. I used to be really proud of this...until I realized I think she associates that with food. When she gets put in her high chair or I get ready to nurse her she will being shouting it. I guess I am the one who normally feeds her so her confusion is valid.
* She loves to pull books of the shelf and open and close all the pages. I love seeing this. I have a weak spot for buying children's books so I am glad she enjoys them.
* She stands up in the tub almost the whole time. I used to fight this, but it makes he very happy and therefore I gave in. She still  dislikes having under her chin washed:)
* Some new foods that she is enjoying are hummus, bananas(you just can't look at her when she is eating them), clementines, kiwi, bread in any form, crackers, deli ham, potatoes, corn and cheddar cheese. She will reject all of these foods if you try to spoon feed them to her. She is an INDEPENDENT woman and has to be able to fist them in her mouth, hair, ears and floor herself:) We go through several outfits and baths around here.
* She scrunches her nose and snorts in an out on command now. Her dad has been working really hard to perfect this new talent.
* Changing her diaper has become and Olympic event. She runs away now after I get her diaper off. This leads to a lot of naked bums running around here.
*She is a trooper shopper! She loves sitting in the front like a big girl. We will push the cart away from us and say bye bye and then run up to it. This makes her laugh so hard!
* She is starting to stand with no hands for a few seconds. This frightens me to death!!!! We may have a walker on our hands soon.
* Dave will chase her on the floor around the hallway upstairs and she crawls as fast as she can. Her poor little knees are always beet red at night from cruising all day.

We love having such a happy baby. She makes us all crazy and smile at the same time. I hope that she never forgets the love that we have for her and the hopes that we dream for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment