Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby Blessing

We were able to bless little Addison June in my home ward in Cincinnati on July 31st. It was such a special day and I was so glad both our parents were able to be there. Addison was a beauty in her one of a kind dress. I begged my mom to make a blessing dress out of my wedding dress. She cursed me the whole way because of all the beading, but it was AMAZING! It will something to treasure for a long time.
Grandma Fajen found a pretty little peal bracelet for her to wear.
Dave did a really nice job on the blessing. It was something I won't forget. It is still hard for me to believe that it was our baby being blessed up there. In the circle we had Bishop Woolf, Bishop Schaeffer, Steve Waldman, Steve Christensen, Ronnie Riggs, and both our dads. I loved being able to have so many men in the circle who have influenced my life. 
 Aunt Eliza and cousin Ella were able to come into town.
 Dave did this same little thing when he was a baby! Now she is into just shoving the whole fist in her mouth, It is a lot more satisfying.
 Isn't the detailing of this dress so lovely.


 How cute are these little lady sandals!
The dress! It was so long and it fit her so well. Thanks again Grandma Fajen!
We had an open house after the blessing for Addison to meet all my Cincinnati "family". It was a lot of fun to see everyone again. We had yummy desserts and partied the whole night! Grandma Michael and Addison in her party attire.
Cousins! Ella loved Addison! I am sure some day the feelings will be mutual when Addison can poke Ella in the eye back! Ella loved to come running to her saying baby ADDDIIIEEE!!!

Blogging is so overwhelming when I want to write about everything. I am way behind. I WILL catch up. Dave finished his first week of school and survived! He will be doing a lot of studying. This is a hard adjustment just having spent 5 weeks of play time with him. Addison and I are learning our way around town and making lots of fun friends. We are working on Addison's recent loud cry so that hopefully we will continue to make more friends!

Oh and on a side note we attended our first National Buffalo Wild Wing Festival...WOW. That was a once in a life time experience!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of it, especially the picture of the cousins. So cute! The dress turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress. She looks so cute and the kids love her. Grandma did an amazing job with the dress.

    ReplyDelete