Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Addition Continued...


We headed to sunny California for a Michael family reunion. Addison was a champ for the most part on her first road trip at five weeks. She took her first bottle and didn't even put up a fuss. We stopped about halfway in Phoenix to fulfill a ginormous craving that I had during my whole pregnancy.  
 Jersey Mikes!! It was delicious. I ordered a whole 24 inches. Dave could hardly believe that I was capable of out eating him.
 We made our first stop in Chino Hills at Paul and Jenny's house. We had a nice day with them and Addison had her first meeting with Harley. He loved sniffing and getting excited around her! 
We furthered our drive to Beullton where Dave's parents were staying. 
It was so nice to be able to introduce Addison to everyone (except Makel who was working in Tennessee). We had a full house in the RV park, but enjoyed being together and having Addison be spoiled by hugs and kisses. We went to the beach even though it was windy and too cold to get in the water. We did a tiny hike to a pretty waterfall and walked around a wharf in Santa Barbra. We did a little shopping along Santa Barbra and visited a dutch town called Solvang. They had a delicious chocolate shop that I could eat at everyday. 
 Gunner was the only brave one enough to get in the water. He found a few treasures in the water and sported a new style of bathing suit :) 

We all headed down to LA to go to Knotts Berry Farm for the next few days. It was a stressful drive to say the least. Traffic was terrible and sweet car got a makeover. I was so sad, but my dad and his friend have been able to fix it.  It looks brand spanking new and I get it back in a few weeks! I have pretty New York license plates waiting to be put on it. We weren't sure how the car would drive so we had to leave a day early to make sure we had enough time to get Dave back for work. We of course made a little stop at Jersey Mikes on the way home and found some nice outlet malls. 
My sad car!
 Cousins Emree & Gunner. Gunner was so good at holding Addison and playing with her. 
 Aunt Paige & Uncle Chris
 Uncle Spencer & Aunt Rainee
 Grandma & Grandpa Michael who snuck Addison into bed one early morning in the hotel and I thought we had lost her!
Uncle Jared, Aunt Tara and soon to be girl cousin!
 Enjoying her first amusement park.
 Addison had a GIANT problem during lunch. It fell out of her diaper all over the chair and floor. Poor little lady was pretty upset.
Addison loved meeting everyone and hopes to be able to see them again this holiday season.

We got back from our 10 day trip to California and had to get cracking on the packing situation. My super woman mom flew back down to save us. She helped us pack and she packed well! She was in charge of the breakables and I am happy to report that nothing was damaged during this move! We drove ourselves crazy being trapped in mazes of boxes. Dave and I managed to sneak away on a date and leave Addison home with Grandma. Dave's parents were also nice enough to join the event. They helped with the final packing as my mom and Addison and I left to fly to Cincinnati. They drove my car and Dave followed with the huge truck to meet us. They were able to stop in Gatlinburg to see Makel and go zip lining. 
  Addison survived her first plane ride. It was a long long flying day lasting about 10 hours. Her crying was minimal, but being in a small airplane can make that scream really loud!

The next event was Addison's baby blessing. It will have to wait. Addison is sitting naked crying at me to feed her!


3 comments:

  1. You crack me up! The picture of Gunnar in his undies with his "treasures" is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you survived the move with all that was going on but really sad it all happened. That is a really good girl you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily your life is so fun!! I can't wait to meet Ms. Addison!!

    ReplyDelete