Monday, February 22, 2010

We Have Been Busy!

Dave was able to pick up some overtime at work and that left me with a lot of free time. The job search is still a work in progress unfortunately. I thought I had a great preschool teaching job...it was a flop. I can't complain though, much to Dave's amazement I still find ways to fill my days...

Home cooked meals. This is a new thing for Dave & I. We are enjoying this little game and it seems to still be going strong after almost 3 months! 
In case you were wondering this masterpiece is Taco Pizza. Delicious.

Taco Pizza
  • Pizza dough-I used a refrigerated package...for you overachievers go ahead make your own:)
  • 1 can refried beans
  • Salsa
  • Ground beef mixed w/taco seasoning packet
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Sliced avocados
  • Iceburg lettuce
  • Sliced olives
  • Ranch
Bake dough at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile mix can of beans with about 1 cup salsa. Spread over cooled dough. Brown meat and mix in seasoning packet. Sprinkle over top of bean/salsa spread. Next, sprinkle cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes or until crust looks golden. Let cool and top with chopped lettuce and other taco toppings. Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
Another craft. My laundry room area was bare so I found some paper with my favorite design and made a little sign. I thought it turned out pretty cute...Dave wants to know if I will ever branch out from black and red. It isn't looking promising! 
Dear Hobby Lobby...you make me so happy and you drive my husband insane:) They had an 80% off sale on home decor. YES I said 80%!! I found fun things that were of course under the category of need in the budget. Thank you again because now my desk corner is no longer bare...
  and I was also able to finish my guest bathroom. It is so pretty now:)
Oh and one last BIG thank you for this pretty pot for $8!

It was a good weekend redecorating and crafting. Although those events were enjoyable they didn't exactly do it for me. I had to go and do this...
GROSS!!!! I got a huge steam burn from draining spaghetti. We were having the missionaries over for dinner and I was in fast mode. My skin literally melted. Nurse Dave is fascinated by it. I woke up to him trying to touch it! Naughty boy!

Dave has four days off this week and we are Albuquerque bound to go to the temple. I am very happy hopefully my finger doesn't get the best of me until then!!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why we never got together and did crafts when we were in the same vicinity! I LOVE what you did with your apartment! You've got the touch!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you've moved to Texas and get to enjoy Hobby Lobby.....isn't it the best place EVER??? I place to decorate my whole house from that place in the future ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are good at keeping busy. I am so impressed with how well you have a plan and follow through. I have ideas but very seldom follow through or finish the job. What a good example you are. I am glad your finger is looking better. I hope it fully recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH!!!!!! That looks like it kills!! And I love all your new decorations. So we need to talk! I didn't know your job didn't work out! Looks like you found some better things to do though :) MIss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. look im here... sorta... man this thing is complicated....!

    ReplyDelete