Monday, February 15, 2010

I Love Valentine's Day...

My Valentine was extra sweet to me this year. Dave and I were full of so much love that our celebration lasted almost the whole week!
I am known for never waiting until the actually holiday to give Dave his gifts. That said I started off Wednesday morning by sending Dave on a Valentine's Treasure Hunt. He was able to figure out my cheesy clues and met me at the end at Cracker Barrel for a delicious breakfast:)
We Left Thursday for a little getaway to Ruidoso, New Mexico. Dave planned the whole trip (I was so impressed), but deep down this was an act of love on my part to go. Dave wanted to go skiing and he convinced me to try out the sport... 
 
I survived, Dave was very patient and I wore enough layers for both of us!
I stuck to the bunny hill with all of the 3 year olds zooming past me.
 Dave is a pro. He would call me from the top of the mountain and wave his pole at me as I sat and watched in awe.
The view was beautiful! It was hard to think that 2 hours away it was 60 degrees!
This is what Dave wore under his ski clothes? A true Idaho boy...wearing shorts in the snow:)
Note his sweet socks as well and he thinks I have weird fashion taste!
We walked around the little town and had a lot of fun. 
 We headed home both sore and tired Friday night and Dave told me to hurry up and change into something nice...
I thought we were going out to eat, but was so SURPRISED to walk around the corner and see this! Yes, my Valentine took me to Riverdance! It was an amazing show and I absolutely loved it.
 
It really was an act of love. We went home and wanted to try out all of the sweet dance moves we saw!
The weekend ended on Valentine's Day with a traditional fondue dinner.
We hope everyone had a special Valentine's Day and we love and miss everyone!

Oh and by the way we snacked on these little guys all week!
Chocolate dipped gummy bears. Still need to work out the kinks but really fun to make!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you two had a wonderful Valentines Day!
    Seems like you two are doing great! Maybe one day we can visit. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try and be more eventful like you. These darn kids get in the way sometimes. :) We will for sure have to experiment with the chocolates again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed! And a bit jealous. Our valentine consisted of us getting NY burrito and eating it in the car right before Marc went to work. Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! I want some chocolate dipped gummy bears! Haha It looks like you guys had a super fun week! Thanks again for the fondue recipe! We loved it, and might have to make it a tradition too! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of you Emily for trying out the ski hill! I bet you picked it up quickly, judging by how natural you looked out there on your skis. That looked like a very fun Valentine's weekend. 5 stars to David!

    ReplyDelete