Saturday, March 6, 2010

HELLO...Carbs!

I think that the past week I accomplished more with my time than I did during the past four years(probably because none of it included taking a nap)! I have been determined to learn the classic motherly skills that I admire my mom for. Dave has enjoyed the benefits of my newly acquired skills, but our refrigerator, counter space and freezer are bursting now!

First on my list was BREAD... boy did I make bread!
Caraway Seed Pretzels...Dave was not a fan which just meant more for ME!
 
Banana Bread...I used wheat flour so they were flat, but you couldn't even tell. Or I should say picky Dave couldn't:)

Mashed Potato Wheat Bread...WOW. That is all I can say.
 
Old Fashioned Wheat Bread. My neighbor and I tackled this one. It was a definite success.
You might be thinking what are they doing with all that bread over there? There was only one solution...
Macaroni Grill's Dipping Mix. Delicious!

Second on my list was to SEW. I have never been awful at it I just have always had my mom nearby to finish my projects:) I wanted to make my little niece something fun and this is what I came up with...
 
 
Don't you think she will love it!
Took all day...my poor neighbor who had to deal with me has the patience of a saint and helped me carry it out. Big thanks to her!
Next on my list is to CAN. I almost laugh at the thought of me actually wanting to do this. All the years my mom tried to teach me are coming back to bite me! I am going to try and do pasta sauce. Hopefully that will be on my next post!

Last weekend Dave and I went to Albuquerque to go to the temple. It was a long day making the trip all in one day, but it was beautiful weather!
I went to a baby shower and and pulled out a little bit of creativity as well.

I must say that the highlight of the week was when we went to go get gelato. For those of you who are not familiar it is Italian ice cream that comes in small scoops. This was a problem for Dave from the second we walked in (he goes for the largest size at coldstone). I order my scoop and go sit down. Dave is taking forever and then I see him walk over with literally a boat of ice cream! Everyone was looking of course and how someone could even want that much. Also with gelato comes a small spoon that was not going to work for Dave either. We would have been there the whole night. The owner came over and gave him a large spoon.
I think that it was a first for everyone that night!
 
Whatever makes him happy right!?

We topped everything off with a caramel crepe...must say my dad's were much better, but this was a close second.
Dave worked everyday this week picking up extra shifts so I surprised him with flowers! I think I will stick to man things for him next time he was not very thrilled:) 
It is OFFICIAL! I have my diploma...finally!

Well, that is all we have been up to. The weather is starting to really warm up here and I think "winter" is over for us!
p.s. We are headed to Idaho in exactly one month for a whole week! I never thought the day would come when I would look forward to going back to Idaho:)

6 comments:

  1. Go Emily! How great, I can't wait to get to the point where I want to can. I'm proud of you and it looks like you are having a great time in TX! PS, I miss you at school, the new student teachers aren't you and aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm you inspire me...i wanna be just like you!


    I MISS YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your blog I officially feel like the laziest person alive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Need I say more? How do you do this? Maybe I should ship my kids to you for a week and see how productive I can be...or maybe I will just sleep. :o)
    Marc and I got a kick out of the flower thing. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy bee!! I need to move down there with you for a month to learn why didnt you do that whilst you were in idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy busy Emily!!! You need to make a recipe blog so that I can make all your recipes! That bread all looked really yummy :)

    ReplyDelete