Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In the World of 2nd Grade...

Well I have started my final leg of student teaching and entered the world of 7 year olds. This is what I know...

  • They like to eat glue,crayons,boogers and pretty much anything they can sneak in their mouth. 
  • Most of them are my same height.
  • I have sang the bunny ears shoes tie song so much that I find myself singing it as I tie my own.
  • They are good little readers.
  • Most of them are missing their front teeth and I am never sure what name they are calling me with all the extra air coming out.
  • Coloring is a treat for them.
  • I have no idea what little creatures they play with at recess, but they all have magical powers. I am not cool enough to participate though!
  • They really like to hug.
  • They say the most outrageous things and can get away with it because they are so cute!
  • Best of all I get sweet homemade notes on my desk in the morning:) I am beginning to like myself as a stick figure!
There is never a dull day! These kids are so fun and I am beginning a unit on Outer Space and will be living in the world of no gravity for the next two weeks! Any activity suggestions are welcome!

Tomorrow is our Halloween party. I will not be able to carry on the tradition of Chubby Bunny for the third year in a row. Dave retired that costume sadly. I will however be an awesome TIGER! I will be sure to get pictures!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

oh and p.s. My Boo is coming this weekend and we are going to be partying in Salt Lake!!! Can't wait:)

5 comments:

  1. you kill me. i wish i could be a fly on the wall while you are teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you call him your boo. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! I love your blog and I hope you keep having fun teaching school! I just made a new blog so I wanted to be sure you saw it :) Hope you guys are doing good!!

    Mindy Rees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I didn't know you had a blog! I remember you saying you should start one...glad you did! Kids are pretty funny. I teach the four and five year olds in primary and always come home laughing. Hope things are going okay for ya! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe so cute! I wish you got to get pictures in that Tiger costume.... :) P.S. You are a stick figure. Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete