Friday, October 9, 2009

Vacation is Over...

Well it is time to head back to Idaho and get back to the grind.These past few weeks Dave and I kept ourselves very busy exploring El Paso and what it has to offer. Here are some of the highlights(be prepared for picture overload)...
Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta: We ventured over to New Mexico with our friends for the weekend to attend the fiesta (yes I said fiesta:) I guess I have been living too close to Mexico!). Although we had to get up at 4:30 and ride a yellow school bus (did not think I would ever have to ride one of those again) it was totally worth it. The state held up to its slogan of "The State of Enchantment"!


 
 
 
 
White Sands National Monument/Camping in Ruidoso: Amazing!!! White Sands was so fun. We packed a picnic and enjoyed seeing miles and miles of complete white! Dave struggled with the fact that sand was going to get in his car:) I had fun and was even willing to impress Dave by rolling down a hill! Go me! 
Camping...pictures are limited because the experience was so good we don't want to remember it! It rained all night and it so windy I thought we were going to blow away. Despite horrible weather we did enjoy building a fire and eating yummy tin foil dinners. 


 
DO NOT judge the outfit...I allowed Dave to dress me for the occasion. Note the hiking boots. I know I am hardcore.

I really did roll down the hill!
Note the axe in the background...Dave cut his own wood! What a wilderness man. 
 
Mine actually burnt to a crisp but Dave's was really good!

Other highlights included dinner at PF Changs courtesy of Tara and Jared. Thank you guys! Going to the movies, watching a lot of The Office ( I think that I am addicted now but I will still stay loyal to Greys!), becoming a true El Paso resident by eating at Whataburger (not to bad), playing volleyball, making yummy dinners, finally unpacking the last box, watching Dave make homemade ice cream (what this boy won't do just for a full bowl of ice cream late at night), we purchased our first washer and dryer and most importantly not having to argue over who gets to spread out on the couch cause we now have two!

 Dave's Masterpiece
 
Best dinner of the trip by far!

This is where Dave was to be found as I was unpacking boxes.
Two years worth of putting pennies and dollars in the famous "couch fund" jar!
No more quarter laundry for us!
 
No more having to cut at different times on a card table!

Eight weeks and counting left until I move down here!

4 comments:

  1. Those baloons are awesome! Looks like fun! PS love the outfit...you look like a wilderness expert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an amazing time! your apartment looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun!!! Jealous! Emily your outfit is so stylish? Why would ANYONE judge you? :) hehe Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the couches and the table, I can't belive what a good deal you got on everything! How fun! : )

    ReplyDelete