Friday, December 11, 2015

Happy Turkey Day

This year Dave was on call the night before Thanksgiving into the next morning. We couldn't travel anywhere so somehow I convinced my parents to stay and host Thanksgiving. My dad only mentioned once that he missed being in Michigan:) We had a great few days and it was nice to spend time with family. Since Dave had to go into work I went day a day early and helped my mom with some baking. I made a pumpkin pie from scratch and it was amazing! It literally took me all afternoon though so we'll see if I get that ambitious next year. That evening the girls requested a popcorn movie night in Grammie and Papa's big bed. Avery mostly wiggled and tried to carry her popcorn bowl all over making Addison upset:) Unfortunately I woke up Thanksgiving Day with a migraine. This pregnancy has brought a whole lot of bad headaches and it takes me almost a full day to feel better. I got up early with the girls and then Papa took them downstairs so I could try and sleep off the headache. Dave arrived in time to help set the table and finalize some of the meal. I ended up taking some medicine to help my head and was able to participate in the prep. I helped the girls make turkey place setting decorations and some turkey treats. Avery helped me "cut" some veggies to make a fun turkey shaped veggie tray. They both got really into it and it was fun to see their excitement. My dad is a pro at making the meal all come together. I still have never cooked my own turkey! The meal was wonderful and my mom's famous rolls were extra fluffy this year. We all had sparkling cider and toasted to a year of thankfulness. We all went around and said what we were thankful for. Addison said that she was thankful that Mommy and Daddy play with her outside. It was a really nice day so we had spent some time outside on the newly finished deck. My mom got out some of Aunt Katie's old toys and the girls were off in make believe land with new to them toys. Dave and I were on dish duty and then the boys headed off to a movie. Papa spoiled the girls with mickey mouse shaped pancakes every morning. It's created a problem for me at breakfast time when all I want to do is make oatmeal or pour cereal! My mom and I snuck away and got a pedicure the next morning. We both got red sparkle for the holidays. The boys went out hunting when we got back...and of course got nothing. We ended up being able to go to the park that afternoon since it was so warm. Later that day Grammie and I got brave and decided to take the girls to the big movie theater. It was Avery's first movie at the theater was I was a little nervous. I loaded up my purse with boxes of candy and drinks. Grammie treated us to a giant tub of popcorn to get us through the movie. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Avery did. Did held onto a little toy dinosaur and ate a whole box of skittles. She got restless about the last 15 minutes. The movie we saw was called, The Good Dinosaur. It was really cute and a nice change from all the princess love that goes on around our house. Addison and Avery have really started to enjoy going to the wood projects at Home Depot with Dave. They had a special on that Saturday and so Papa and Dave took them. While they were gone my mom and I prepped a fancy fondue dinner. It's one of my favorite meals and it was fun to do at my parents. We have a lot to be thankful for and I am especially grateful for my family. On a daily basis Addison tells me how pretty I look. Avery tells me that she just wants to be by me. I am slowly learning to appreciate how much Avery wants to be by me...even at all hours of the night. Dave is a hard working husband who still comes home and puts on his daddy hat for the girls. Even though being pregnant isn't the happiest time for me I feel blessed to have a healthy baby girl coming our way. I have loved living so close to my parents who sacrifice so much for my family so that we can be happy. 2015 has had a lot of ups and downs health wise for me, but I wouldn't trade the lessons and blessings I've received in return. Happy Thanksgiving 2015!
























No comments:

Post a Comment